Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:11:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [Whitepaper] NuCypher KMS: Decentralized key management  (Read 3216 times)
michwill (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:55:27 PM

NuCypher KMS: Decentralized key management system

We’re excited to share NuCypher KMS, a decentralized key management system (KMS) for public blockchains. With NuCypher KMS, an entirely new set of decentralized applications is unlocked for developers. Use cases requiring secure storage, sharing, and manipulation of private data can now be built on public blockchains, allowing for greater protection and control of private data.
The post below gives an overview and a detailed description can be found in our draft technical white paper.

What
NuCypher KMS provides encryption and cryptographic access controls, without reliance on a central service provider. It leverages state-of-the-art proxy re-encryption technology to allow re-keying encrypted data. This allows a decentralized network of nodes to provide key management operations, without accessing private keys or plaintext data.

How
The core technology is proxy re-encryption (PRE), a cryptographic primitive which allows a third-party proxy to transform ciphertexts from one public key to another (using re-encryption keys), without learning anything about the underlying message.

Main actors and interactions in a PRE environment
This ability to securely delegate access to private, encrypted information, makes PRE an ideal candidate for constructing cryptographic access controls for distributed systems such as blockchain, internet of things (IoT), and big data.
In NuCypher KMS, access controls are issued, enforced, and revoked via smart contracts executed by a decentralized network of re-encryption nodes. This network controls re-encryption keys and allows data owners to conditionally grant and revoke access to third-parties based on their public key.
Re-encryption nodes are incentivized to behave properly using a proof-of-stake NKMS token. If the nodes are malicious or defective, their deposit is forfeit. Correctly behaving nodes are incentivized to provide re-encryption services through payment in NKMS.

Use cases
NuCypher KMS enables public blockchains to securely store and manipulate secrets, giving decentralized applications a way to work with private data. But key management as a service is useful for centralized applications, too.
Potential use cases include:
  • KMS-as-a-service for handling secrets in AWS instances (similar to Hashicorp Vault, Amazon Key Management etc);
  • Safely storing encrypted secrets alongside code on GitHub;
  • Decentralized Digital Rights Management (DDRM);
  • Pay-to-view streaming;
  • Encrypted digital content marketplaces;
  • Private multi-user chats;
  • Private, shareable file storage;
  • Patients sharing medical records with healthcare providers;
  • Blind identity management;
  • Mobile device management and revocation.

Call for contributions
We’re very interested in the community’s suggestions and comments on the technical white paper — everything from security to token economics to functionality requests. We’re also excited to brainstorm use cases for NKMS and would love to hear your ideas. Your involvement will help inform the final, revised version of the white paper.

You can find a draft of the technical white paper and the GitHub repo.

Join our NuCypher KMS community. We look forward to answering your questions on:

And to keep up to date with our future announcements, subscribe to our mailing list.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michwill (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:05:44 PM

Our library to play with proxy re-encryption in Python termnial!

https://medium.com/@NuCypher/proxy-re-encryption-playground-in-python-3bc66170b9bf
michwill (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:01:24 PM

Update:

• Business primer
  • Whire paper added
alanwang111

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:12:43 AM

reserve for Chinese translation and business cooperation
mugwump

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:42:50 PM

Hi!

Just dropping by to ask whether there is a possibility of investing and when we might expect it?

Thanks
mugwump
usefree

Activity: 390
Merit: 251

Mamihlapinatapai

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:20:52 AM

Is Thread alive at all?
2xbit

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:23:30 PM

Is Thread alive at all?

I don`t think so. I have not found offical NuCypher thread.
2xbit

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:26:10 PM

Hi!

Just dropping by to ask whether there is a possibility of investing and when we might expect it?

Thanks
mugwump

There is no fixed date yet but I`ve read about early 2018. So maybe start will be on february or march.
byteminr

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 04:26:42 PM

Only this thread about NuCypher?
Strange.. So interesting project and no have normal thread
kakonhat

Activity: 1106

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 06:48:29 AM

Do you have run any bounty campaign or planning to run it?

zeabat1234

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 05:54:03 PM

This might be interesting. Are you planning bounty programm??
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:31:30 AM

The whole idea of decentralized key management system makes me really interested, this thread needs to be more live.
niharpradhan

Activity: 175

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:37:13 PM

Do you have run any bounty campaign or planning to run it?
gng

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:35:11 PM

will you have a bounty program? i aam interested . its a great project i dont want to miss it
v3teran

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:56:52 AM

I like the fact that this is an infrastructure token and not a utiliy token. I will be purchasing Nucyhper once it becomes available and holding my coins for longterm.
kable78

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:45:18 AM

The main technology is proxy encryption (PRE), a cryptographic process that allows an outside proxy to send encrypted information from one public side to another (using re-encryption keys) without disclosing information about the information underlying the message.
investgarant

Activity: 714
Merit: 107

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:38:09 AM

Newest partner, Origin Protocol, announces they'll be using NuCypher for their sharing economy protocol:
https://medium.com/originprotocol/origin-nucypher-private-data-on-a-public-blockchain-ba6e6f85ecb8

geronimo77

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:37:38 PM

Newest partner, Origin Protocol, announces they'll be using NuCypher for their sharing economy protocol:
https://medium.com/originprotocol/origin-nucypher-private-data-on-a-public-blockchain-ba6e6f85ecb8

Wow, that's a great news, thank you.
It is said that when two great thoughts meet, it will make a big thing. Just as Nucypher and Origin work together, this will probably bring great success to both projects.
Silasa

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:10:02 PM

Love it due very less supply it is going to put the Market on fire its a good project looking it will give good profit to all invest
NakiRR

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:20:35 PM

The whole idea of decentralized key management system makes me really interested, this thread needs to be more live.

this is not something completely new but for some reason it is surrounded by a lot of hype... i'm thinking about investing but i'm not even sure that i will be able to get in their white list when it will be available.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: